In the winter of 2015, Williamson received a large gift from a long-time, anonymous friend for the construction of the school’s first dormitory since 1912. The dorm is named Watson after the late Wayne C. Watson 4W8, who served on the board of trustees 45 years, the last 33 as chairman. It is located between Cottage Row and the Restall Sports Center. With construction now completed, it accommodates 24-26 students and has a 2-bedroom apartment for a dorm manager. The architectural plans were designed by Kevin Blackney 7W6, founding partner of Blackney Hayes Architects. The project’s construction management is was provided by W.B. Homes, Inc., the construction company owned by William Bonenberger 7W9, acting board chairman. The project manager was Steve Cava 9W5.
Watson Dormitory was dedicated in a special ceremony on June 2, 2017 – Alumni Day.
Watson Dormitory News
The Board of Trustees and President Michael Rounds recently announced [...]