Full-time. Reports to Director of Grants and Research
The Development Associate for Grant and Scholarship Coordination for Williamson College of the Trades provides high quality program and project management of the named scholarship program as well as support of the grant function of the Institutional Advancement department. This individual will serve as the representative of Williamson in many capacities and will possess strong project management skills, donor relations experience, and proficiency or ability to be proficient in the donor database and other computer systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Scholarship Program responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility for coordinating Williamson’s named scholarship program.
- Builds good working relationships with the College’s named student scholars.
- Communicates with selected students via meetings, text messages and email to share expectations and events for named scholars.
- Maintains thorough and accurate records of all aspects of scholarship program administration.
- Distributes and obtains key documents from named student scholars, including signed scholarship agreements and FERPA releases.
- Works with named student scholars to solicit needed information for donor thank you letters and student profiles.
- Uses student-provided information to produce and distribute polished electronic and hard copy donor packets that include personal cover letter from VP for Advancement, signed student thank you letter and student profile with photograph.
- Maintains timely, accurate records of all scholarship activity in Raiser’s Edge database.
- Assists Director of Grants and Research with reporting on grants that fund name scholarships, including gathering data on student grades and financial aid.
- Tracks trade shop, athletic, community service and extracurricular achievements of named scholars; advises relevant Advancement staff on donor stewardship opportunities.
- Assists with invitations, preparation and implementation of the College’s annual Scholarship Celebration.
Grants Program responsibilities:
- Maintains grants calendar and funding database to track funding requirements and deadlines.
- Ensures that grant files and actions in Raisers Edge database are current and completed per established guidelines
- Collaborates with Senior Database Manager and other Advancement staff to compile reports on grant activity for Advancement Committee and Board of Trustees meetings.
- Works closely with the Research and Assessment team to obtain accurate and timely internal statistics such as student demographics and Pell eligibility for use in grant applications and donor solicitations.
- Compiles the Year in Review annual impact document.
- Works closely with Research and Assessment and Director of Career Placement to obtain accurate and timely statistics about the College’s Career Placement efforts, including summer internships.
- Compiles the annual Career Fair impact document.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Passion for Williamson’s mission and scholarship program, and enthusiasm for working with students and donors.
- Excellent writing and editing skills. Must be able to efficiently produce persuasive, compelling letters and other documents that are free of spelling and grammatical errors with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with fundraising CRM systems, especially Raiser’s Edge, is a plus.
- Ability to cheerfully and effectively manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
Please send cover letter and resume to Kelsey Turk at KTurk@williamson.edu.