Reports to: Grounds and Transportation Supervisor
Position Purpose: Coordinating with the Grounds Supervisor and Director of Horticulture, the groundskeeper is focused on maintaining and managing the campus grounds and athletic fields through grass mowing/trimming, herbicide spraying, tree trimming, snow clearing and salting operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities/Functions:
- Maintain turf areas of campus and sports fields using lawn care equipment.
- Spray herbicides to control weeds in parking lots, planting beds, guardrails.
- Perform snow clearing, shoveling, and salting operations.
- Perform routine maintenance of equipment such as greasing, oil changes and blade sharpening.
- Assist in setting up and breaking down special events on college.
- Direct students in performing campus work.
- Make repairs and improvements to campus landscaping.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications (Skills and Abilities Required):
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2 years commercial/institutional landscape maintenance and snow clearing experience.
- PA commercial applicator’s pesticide license (within one year of hire).
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Proficiency operating landscape construction and lawn mowing equipment.
- Fundamental understanding of landscaping best practices.
- Ability to work Saturdays, evenings or weekends as needed.
- Through behavior and actions, embraces the core values of Williamson.
- Ability to work in teams or work independently and direct oneself daily.
Working Conditions: This position will primarily be working outdoors across the college campus in performing a wide range of tasks and responsibilities.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift 100 pounds and handles the physical demands of the job including standing and bending, operating equipment for long periods, working in all weather conditions (heat and cold), and working with herbicides.
Supervisory Responsibility: No direct supervisory requirements.
Other Duties: Please note this position (job) description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position (job). Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job classification: Exempt
Please send cover letter and resume to (email preferred):
Trevor Hopper, P.E.
Vice President of Operations
Williamson College of the Trades
106 S. New Middletown Road
Media, PA 19063