Reports to Vice President of Student Affairs.
Full-time, Monday – Friday.
9-month contracted position.
Medical and Retirement benefits.
Start date negotiable, but no later than August 1st.
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Students Affairs, the Director of Health Services (DHS) is responsible for all aspects of providing an environment of well-being on the Williamson campus for both students and college employees. Under the medical direction and guidance of the college physician, the DHS serves as the campus authority on decisions regarding illnesses and all non-sports related injuries among the student body. The DHS also coordinates with the college’s athletic trainer regarding care and treatment of student-athletes. The ability to communicate and relate with both staff and students is essential.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Assess and document acute and non-acute illnesses and injuries through SOAP format
- Refer students or employees for off-campus medical care when appropriate
- Monitor students who are confined to the Health Center or student rooms
- Administer medications and treatments according to policies and procedures
- Coordinate with senior administration on campus Covid-19 policy
- Provide counseling to students regarding physical and psychological conditions within scope of practice
- Refer students to the college counselor as needed or required by law
- Educate faculty and staff members of student limitations as necessary
- Develop, update, and maintain Health Services policies and procedures
- Ensure that Standing Orders are current in coordination with college physician’s office
- Abide by American College Health Association guidelines when appropriate
- Ensure HIPAA and FERPA compliance when applicable
- Track Covid-19 related information for the campus
- Vet medical necessity of student requests for leave and authorize as necessary in accordance with college absence policy
- Maintain monthly statistics for visits, injuries, outcomes, etc
- Ensure that all required medical information is complete and on file in advance of Freshmen Registration
- Ensure that student insurance information is current
- Manage Health Services budget
- Coordinate with local provider to host annual flu shot clinic on campus
- Organize and sponsor educational programs related to health as appropriate
- Arrange for transportation to medical appointments as necessary
- Attend conferences and seminars as appropriate
- Order all necessary supplies, equipment, and medications for the Health Center
Qualifications (Skills and Abilities Required)
Must be licensed Registered Nurse (or equivalent) in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Experience in ER, Ortho, public or community health is a plus.
Some lifting of supply orders is required, although if assistance is needed, it can be provided upon request.
Please note this position (job) description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position (job). Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please send cover letter, resume, and contact info for at least three references to (email preferred):
Thomas J. Moffitt
Vice President of Student Affairs
Williamson College of the Trades
106 South New Middletown Road
Media, PA 19063