Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement this full-time position is responsible for identification, cultivation and solicitation of individual major gifts and planned gifts. This position works in close collaboration with members of the Advancement staff, board members, executive staff, and outside key contacts to develop prospects.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Develops a portfolio of qualified prospects and formal plans to cultivate, solicit and steward major and planned gifts.
- Develops and executes financial development strategies to meet the strategic plans of Williamson. Produces a written plan to meet individual financial targets including strategies to meet those goals.
- Organizes and implements systematic review and evaluation of major gift prospects. Must have knowledge and skill in using wealth indicator software to analyze the prospect data base and donor data base.
- Recommends assignments of prospects to the Manager of Annual Giving and Events to best fit the needs of the donor and institution.
- Meet the goals and objectives for professional performance that include but not limited to: carrying a portfolio of 300 prospects, executing 125 face to face visits a year, soliciting 80 major gifts, and raising $1M in revenue.
- As part of future capital campaigns, assume additional responsibilities that will include campaign division leadership and solicitation.
- Identifies donors who have potential to have significant philanthropic or volunteer leadership contributions. Profile these individuals and produce written strategies to engage these individuals.
- Work with staff to produce funding opportunities to meet specific needs of Williamson.
- Maintain regular contact with faculty and staff to exchange information, coordinate activities and further the fundraising goal for specific areas.
- Work to identify and train faculty and staff who can contribute to the growth of philanthropy at Williamson.
- Plan and execute donor cultivation meetings for alumni and friends of the school. Identify the fundraising goal and conduct evaluation including a return of investment (ROI).
- Plan tours of Williamson for high net worth individuals. Provide follow up solicitation strategies for all attendees and invitees.
- Coordinate work with data management and research staff to accomplish professional goals.
- Researches and writes stewardship reports, correspondence and proposals.
- Records all actions in Raisers Edge.
- Produces reports as requested including a monthly report of fundraising activities detailing funds raised, outstanding requests, and contingency plans for declined requests.
- Maintains current knowledge of best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Skills and Abilities Required)
- Builds and manages relationships
- High degree of social networking ability.
- Familiarity with and proficiency in Raiser’s Edge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Demonstrated understanding of prospect screening software
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work well under pressure of deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills, with a command of detail
- A sound grasp of fundraising principles
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree and CFRE are preferred
- Must have five years of experience in a fundraising position
- Travel required on a regular basis.
- Long and irregular hours.
- Works in a clean, well-lighted, temperature-controlled environment.
- Routine office work with extensive sitting, standing, bending, stooping, climbing stairs, and walking around the campus.
- Ability to lift and carry no more than 25 pounds.
- Licensed driver.
Please note this position (job) description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position (job). Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Health, Dental, and Vision
Please send cover letter and resume to (email preferred):
Associate Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Williamson College of the Trades
106 S. New Middletown Road
Media, PA 19063