Under the supervision of the VP of Enrollment Management (VPEM), the Admissions Counselor (AC) assists in the recruitment of students through the establishment of professional relationships and networks, initiating campaigns and actions to encourage students to attend the college, and developing techniques and materials to innovatively share the mission and opportunity available at Williamson College of the Trades. The AC will directly oversee the Admission Liaison Officer (ALO) program and will maintain the college’s master admissions visitation list. This position requires a strong mission-orientation, excellent written and oral communication skills, and experience in marketing using both social media and other innovative technology. The ability to connect with both secondary and post-secondary students and staff is essential. Finally, the AC will need to be a self-motivated, independent worker with strong initiative.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Represent the college by providing admissions presentations and attending college fairs at high schools and community organizations, to include any pertinent evening and weekend events.
- Innovatively assist in admissions marketing through the use of social media and appropriate technology. This may include, but not limited to assisting in the creation of videos, electronic publications, and virtual tours to assist prospective students better understand the college’s mission and the admissions process.
- Maintain existing admissions relationships and networks while proactively exploring initiatives to expand the college’s outreach.
- Manage the Admissions Liaison Officer (ALO) program, to include ALO training, event tracking and program fiscal oversight.
- Assist in providing on-campus admissions events (College Tours and Enrollment Testing Days) for prospective students and their families.
- Provide accurate and timely telephone, email and in-person responses to questions from prospective students and their families.
- Advise and counsel prospective students and parents on the admissions process
- Secure, maintain, and properly dispose admissions information and related confidential materials.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of all federal and state student admissions and student-aid regulations, policies and procedures; while implementing the college’s accrediting body’s admissions standards.
- Work closely with the VPEM to track and monitor prospective student application materials and participation in required admissions events.
Qualifications (Skills and Abilities Required)
Desired qualifications to include a Bachelor’s degree in higher education or related field; previous experience in admissions (higher education preferred), excellent presentation and interpersonal skills (including public speaking), strong computer literacy with database management experience, and experience working with social media and other marketing related technologies.
Some physical activity required. No heavy lifting.
Please note this position (job) description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position (job). Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To express your interest in this opportunity, please submit your resume via email to Jay Merillat, VP of Enrollment Management at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resume submissions will remain open through the close of business on 6/30/20. Review of resumes will begin on 7/1/2020. Interviews of the top candidates will occur in mid-July, with the selectee beginning in mid-August (negotiable).