Under the supervision of the Director of Residence Life (DRL), the Dorm Manager is responsible for providing an appropriate on-campus home environment to enable students to succeed while serving as the primary authority figure in the dorm.
- Assist and supervise up to 25 student residents in the respective dorm.
- Assist the DRL with conducting his duties in regards to the respective dorm.
- Maintain cleaning detail schedules for the dorm.
- Maintain a quiet and disturbance-free living environment in the dorm.
- Conduct regular inspections of dorms to ensure cleanliness and safety of common areas and student rooms.
- Inform the DRL of the needs of the dorm including supplies, equipment, and repairs.
- Issue violations for inappropriate behavior to residents or other students as indicated by The College’s Conduct Code.
- Obtain correspondence from faculty, staff and administration from the College mail room and College issued laptop.
- Respond to and assist in all Residence Life emergencies.
- Teach Resident Advisor’s skills needed to interact with residents in a leadership role.
- Set Expectations and Evaluate students participating in the RA program in accordance with the RA manual.
- Assist the DRL and the Dean of Students in any Residence Life investigations as needed.
- Attend Residence Life meetings and Dorm Manager Training as required.
- Provide transportation for student medical needs if necessary, after normal college hours.
- Provide feedback to the Vice President of Education regarding student evaluations.
- Manager on Duty on the weekend according to a rotating schedule established by DRL.
- Other duties as necessary or assigned by either the DRL or the Dean of Students.
August 11, 2020
Williamson College of the Trades is an endowed, gift supported three-year, independent, post-secondary, vocational-technical institution for economically qualified young men. The College, founded over 130 years ago, is a community of 250 students and 80 instructors, administrators, and support staff operating on a beautiful 220-acre campus near Media, PA.
Williamson is dedicated to teaching trade and technical skills, related general education, and moral and ethical values from a Judeo-Christian perspective. The total educational environment is designed to foster vocational competence, self-discipline, personal integrity, exemplary conduct, and a commitment to honesty, dependability, productivity, resourcefulness, and quality workmanship.
The College has a totally residential student body and all admitted students receive full scholarships covering room, board, tuition, and textbooks. Student life is carefully structured, including a prescribed daily schedule, a dress code, required chapel, and clearly defined privileges and responsibilities. For more information: www.williamson.edu.
Cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to (email preferred):
John J. Tully
Director of Residence Life and College Store Manager
Williamson College of the Trades
106 South New Middletown Road
Media, PA 19063-5299
(610) 566.1776 ext. 413