Reports to Director of Grants and Research
Works with and assists Director of Grants & Research by researching, writing and editing grant proposals and reports for institutional and individual donors, conducting donor prospect research and assisting with donor stewardship efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities/Functions
- Works with and assists the Director, Grants & Research to streamline efforts in foundation, corporate and government grantors and individual donors.
- Writes, edits and gathers background data, budget information and attachments for grant proposals to foundations, corporate and government grantors and individual donors for general operating support, program development and restricted fund needs.
- Prepares interim and final reports to foundation, corporate and government grantors and individual donors. Ensures that such follow-up communication is accurate, detailed and metric-driven.
- Maintains grants calendar and funding database to track funding requirements and deadlines.
- Maintains a folder of up-to-date grant attachments, assuring accuracy of all information.
- Ensures that grant files in Raisers Edge database are complete and current.
- Assists with developing a target list of new foundation and corporate giving prospects and prepares summary profiles for each.
- Conducts prospect research on campus visitors and potential funders.
- Researches lapsed foundation and corporate donors, and prepares/updates information for each.
- Participates in creating a strategy to engage foundations and grant-making corporations.
- Maintains profiles of general operating support and special funding projects.
- Schedules arrangements and accompanies Director, Grants & Research on solicitation visits and funding proposal meetings as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Skills and Abilities Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years of fundraising or research experience
- General computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite, Blackbaud/Raisers Edge
- High level of writing ability and research expertise
- Excellent spelling and grammatical skills, letter writing experience
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to cheerfully and effectively manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Experience with communicating effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of internal and external constituents, including donors, partners, program officers, trustees, faculty and senior executives.
- Extensive Computer Work
- Meetings mainly on campus, but some will require local travel.
- Ability to carry 25 pounds.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs.
- Ability to walk around campus to other buildings.
Please send cover letter, resume and contact info for at least three references to (email preferred):
Bradley A. Richardson
Director of Development and Campaign
Williamson College of the Trades
106 South New Middletown Road
Media, PA 19063