The Database and Office Manager is responsible for managing and maintaining the database and executing daily office operations for the Advancement Office at Williamson College of the Trades. S/he will utilize the donor database The Raiser’s Edge to effectively capture donor information; generate accurate financial and analytical reports; and execute the gift donation process, including the entry of gifts and creation of written acknowledgement letters. S/he will provide support for events and campus visits, including scheduling, registration, and other logistical requirements. S/he will provide support for research efforts, including writing reports and researching assigned prospects. Finally, s/he will be a consistent support person for Advancement leadership at Williamson. Overall, s/he will be responsible for ensuring that the processes and procedures of the database and the office at large are able to be executed on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities/Functions
- Provide maintenance and support of the Raiser’s Edge database, including but not limited to:
a. Ensure data integrity;
b. Update and input constituent data;
c. Screen new constituents;
d. Enter gifts and pledges;
e. Generate thank you letters to donors;
f. Monitor and generate pledge reminders;
g. Write, proofread, and edit various correspondences;
h. Develop and implement policies to guide data entry;
i. Segment data to meet parameters of various mailings;
j. Prepare detailed reports;
k. Construct queries, reports and exports;
l. Enter prospects, actions, and documents into The Raiser’s Edge for Vice President for Institutional Advancement and President.
- Manage the clerical and administrative needs of the Advancement Office:
a. Maintains, organizes, and orders office supplies and equipment;
b. Communicate with vendors for repairs or technical support;
c. Track purchase orders for the Advancement budget accounts;
d. Record and produce minutes for All Staff Meetings.
- Serve as contact with the Business Office:
a. Acts as a daily representative for providing information essential to the preparation of financial statements and other reports;
b. Produce a monthly financial statement for the CFO that details the contribution revenue with information that is obtained from Raisers Edge;
c. Tracks purchase orders made by the Advancement staff;
d. Produces a monthly Board report for the VP of Institutional Advancement and the Board of Trustees;
e. Provides information to auditors, and other consultants as required for appropriate documentation of finances.
- Provide support for Advancement projects, Williamson events, campus visits, and other programs:
a. Registration of event guests and production of lists and reports in Raiser’s Edge;
b. Maintain calendar of visitors and list of speakers to college each year;
c. Support campus visits and student ambassador selection for campus tours;
d. Production of materials that support the events, such as badges, programs, etc.;
e. Attend events to provide staffing assistance for event execution.
- Perform prospect research, including but not limited to:
a. Run screenings on prospect lists provided;
b. Research pertinent information using web-based sources and department databases;
c. Generate individual report.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent years of experience in a professional office environment.
- Familiarity with and proficiency in office databases; familiarity with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Ability to orient to new software quickly.
- Analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of mail merge and basic Excel formulations preferred.
- Strong ability to write and edit general office correspondence.
- Excellent command of detail.
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, requiring a minimum amount of supervision.
- General knowledge of computer, printer, and other office equipment.
- Database Management: 1 year (Required)
- Office Management: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement