The full-time CAD Instructor reports to the Dean of Education and is responsible for providing instruction and/or skill development training in a classroom or lab setting. The CAD Instructor coordinates curriculum with Program Directors, as needed, to ensure alignment with institutional and programmatic educational goals and objectives.
- The CAD Instructor provides classroom instruction and skill development focusing on specific trades of students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities/Functions
The primary job duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to, as follows:
- Prepare required course outlines, syllabi, lesson plans, and catalog descriptions for assigned courses. Place all required information on the College’s Learning Management System (LMS), Canvas in accordance with established policies.
- Assist in curriculum assessment and development for assigned courses in alignment with institutional learning objectives and policy.
- Provide instruction and develop student skills for assigned courses.
- Assist individual students with classroom assignments and skill development to encourage successful attainment of program standards.
- Consistently monitor and record student aptitude and performance in classroom and/or lab setting by means of standard instruments of assessment and submit grades in accordance with College policy as required for assigned courses.
- Implement the College’s academic policies, such as those relating to grading, academic probation, course failure, and course failure compensation.
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and implementation process for all course functions, including instructional equipment and supplies; field trips; off-campus appointments; and guest speaker presentations to the students.
- Maintain effective communication and close cooperation with the Dean of Education and other faculty/staff to effectively attain the educational objectives of the course.
- Maintain close cooperation and coordination with the Trade Program Directors.
- Maintain close cooperation and coordination with the Senior Vice President/Chief of Staff, through the Dean, for all technology issues.
- Execute required professional development activities, as outlined in the College’s Faculty Professional Development Plan.
- Attend and participate in scheduled In-Service and Professional Development sessions.
- Assist the administration through service on various administrative committees.
- Participate in the College’s disciplinary processes, such as those regarding Disciplinary Appeal, Disciplinary Review, and Scholarship Review.
- Mentor students in adjusting to established disciplinary standards and in internalizing the vital moral, ethical, and spiritual values of the College, with special emphasis on developing a positive work ethic.
- Enforce student compliance with the College’s Conduct Code, including but not limited to regulations regarding attendance, dress and grooming, drug and alcohol abuse, fire and safety, and others outlined within the Student Handbook.
- Attend and perform assigned duties for special events, such as: Freshman Orientation, Convocation, Freshman Day, Homecoming, Applicant Interviewing Days, Founder’s Day, Spring Cleanup, Commencement, and Alumni Day.
- Follow all College policies and procedures as described in the Employee Handbook.
- Assist in overseeing compliance with applicable safety standards, OSHA regulations, accident prevention rules and procedures, and hazardous materials handling requirements in the classroom and on all college-related projects.
- Perform other duties as may occasionally be assigned by the VP and the Dean of Education or the President.
Qualifications (Skills and Abilities Required)
Academic faculty must have an educational background that includes a master’s degree in a related field; a minimum of five years of experience in the subject area(s) taught or in an education/training environment. The CAD Instructor must be able to show a command of relevant theory and practice, contemporary knowledge, and continuing study in the field of instruction.
Indoor classroom setting as the primary condition, although field trips, and other College functions may be outside.
Physical Demands of the position require standing on your feet for extended periods of time to teach in the classroom/computer lab.
Please note this position (job) description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position (job). Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested individuals may inquire by emailing a cover letter with resume to:
Dr. Samuel Wrightson
Vice President of Education