Working under the direction of the Office of Institutional Advancement, the primary duty for the person holding this position is to serve as the creative lead for Williamson, working across multiple departments to promote the college. S/he will provide brand oversight and implementation, and will conceive and execute projects in both print and digital media that effectively communicate and uplift Williamson to its internal and external constituents (alumni, prospective students, parents, students, faculty, staff, friends and others). Consistent promotion of Williamson using social media channels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce high quality creative solutions to meet the promotional and communication needs of the college. Projects include brochures, website and social media management, email marketing, annual reports, invitations, gift appeals, postcards, posters, signage, presentations, billboards, videos and more.
- Oversee internal and external media produced across all departments to ensure high standards and the effective implementation of brand guidelines.
- In coordination with the Department of Institutional Advancement team, enhance and execute the college’s annual fundraising plan utilizing various forms of print and digital media, with the primary goal of growing Williamson’s philanthropic support and reaching new donors.
- Serve as the webmaster for the college, whereby the content and design of the site is changed as needed. Maintain and update the website content management system through regular updating of the WordPress core software and all plug-ins.
- Create and oversee the social media strategy for the college, including Williamson’s official Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Soundcloud and LinkedIn accounts.
- Serve as faculty advisor for the student A/V Club, which is responsible for general and specific event execution, photography, videography, live streaming, and social media content creation.
- Responsible for the production and distribution of “Trademarks,” the college’s html based email newsletter that is sent to all constituents.
- Serve as the Department of Institutional Advancement’s liaison for the design needs of all college departments, both in print and digital media.
- Work with external vendors to extend the college’s ability to produce high quality projects (ex. printers, videographers, web developers, photographers, etc.).
- Maintain and update the college’s online store.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- College graduate, or equivalent experience, with portfolio of work demonstrating excellent graphic design ability.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills to operate effectively under time constraints and tight
- Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver) as well as Microsoft Office.
- Strong working knowledge of print production process and the ability to produce technically sound, print ready art files.
- Training and/or experience in website design and implementation in a WordPress environment. Strong working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and other interactive design languages.
- Skill in photography and strong eye for image composition.
- Experience in videography and with video editing software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or course work in the areas of graphic design, communications, or marketing.
- Prior experience working with fund raising programs or marketing that reach a wide variety of constituents.
- Knowledge of office based computer systems and local area networks.
Interested individuals may inquire by emailing a cover letter with resume to:
Arlene Snyder CFRE
Vice President for Institutional Advancement