The Director of Alumni Relations develops, manages and implements programs designed to engage the alumni community, while actively contributing toward the fundraising needs of Williamson College of the Trades. This person collaborates closely with colleagues in Admissions, Student Life, Athletics, Education and Advancement to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward alumni engagement and financial giving. In addition to growing and cultivating a culture of philanthropy within the Williamson community, the Director of Alumni Relations embraces Williamson’s mission and core values in all facets of the development process.
- Drives the vision and strategy for alumni relations at Williamson.
- Together with the VP of Advancement, sets metrics by which success in this area will be measured.
- Designs and executes programs for the broad base of alumni focusing on:
- Enhancing affinity- based programming and class-based programming
- Aggressively utilizing electronic media to communicate and engage alumni
- Increase revenue- generating programs to enhance alumni programming
- Increase alumni engagement within the Williamson Community: fellow alumni, students, trustees and administration
- Develops and tracks program strategies, tactics, deliverables and timelines.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of programming initiatives.
- Forges strong relationships and fosters good will with the Williamson alumni and supporters of Williamson to influence and maximize engagement.
- Collaborates across campus departments to implement successful alumni programming and fundraising campaigns.
- In partnership with the marketing/communication staff, oversees the content strategy and development of messages to the Alumni.
- Responsible for coordinating alumni events including fundraising, networking, reunions and meetings.
- Works closely with the existing Alumni Association and other alumni groups who organize to support Williamson.
- Actively develops and participates in alumni committees with a goal to improve alumni relations.
- Acts as a liaison between the Alumni and the college leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in development, alumni affairs, education or related field
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of computers and databases
- Successful experience in managing multiple projects independently
- Progressive experience using electronic media as a means to communicate and engage others
- Proven ability to motivate and oversee volunteers
- Past experience in developing new projects or programs a plus.
- Evening/weekend hours required regularly
- Travel, both local and long distance
- Driver’s license and car
Interested individuals may inquire by emailing a cover letter with resume to:
Arlene Snyder CFRE
Vice President for Institutional Advancement